Welcome to the official web site of
Friends of Pillsbury State Park

What is now Pillsbury State Park has been known as Cherry Valley for more than a hundred years . . . There is a persistent legend that it was so named because of the abundance of cherry trees that once grew here.  The initial and largest tract of land in the park, about 2,400 acres, was donated to the State of New Hampshire in 1920 by Albert E. Pillsbury, "to be held in perpetuity as a public forest reservation, for any and all uses or purposes tending to the promotion of forestry."

The Friends of Pillsbury State Park, Inc. (FPSP) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization dedicated to conservation education.  The Friends of Pillsbury State Park is chartered with the following purposes:


For more information, follow the links shown below for your particular area of interest:
Check out the horse-drawn carriage at the Park with Smokey the Bear.

Check out the new tent platform on Site #25.

For other resources available on the Internet relating to Pillsbury State Park, click here for a list of links/URLs.

last updated: 9/16/2013
Email the webmaster.